Sunday, February 25, 2007

Well Monday is a big day, and then again it is just another Monday! Valerie is scheduled to have her first full body PET scan since the completion of all her treatment. As she said below, she took this back in June when they first diagnosed her with Cancer, other than the tumors in her breasts and lymph nodes, it was negative in the rest of her body. This time we are hoping (praying, believing, demanding, wishing) that it comes back negative again. Bottom line, they are looking for Cancer "seeds" or "little ones that got away" that could be in other parts of her body. We expect to have results by Thursday. Last week she met with Dr. Barstis (I missed this appointment so not sure she heard this right) and he said there was a 90% chance that the test will come back positive....ummm that does not seem like a very good percentage, so I am going to believe she heard it wrong, and wait for Thursday's results.

We've talked alot about this upcoming test. You would think we could get over it, realize it will be what it will be, easier said than done. Sorry I have not posted in awhile, guess it was my way of dealing with this. Trying to make it a "non-event", issue resolved, time to move on! But deep down it eats at me, I know I can't fix it, I can't see it, I can't cure it and it really pisses me off.

Geez that was a bummer of a post....sorry, we are upbeat that Thursday will be better than Monday!

No comments: