Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Today is not a good day. It sucks. I went to a bossom Buddie meeting last night to give support to other breast cancer survivors and learn how to read my pathology report. To make a long story short I was able to "stage" my Cancer. I am a Stage IIIc. This is the stage RIGHT BEFORE stage IV. It caught me by surprise because my oncologist said that I was a stage IIc or IIIa. For some reason it makes a difference to me. I know that I would not do anything different, but I just began to feel like normal. I just began to feel my life returning to me. I didn't think about cancer every minute of everyday. Now I feel like I am back at the beginning all over again. I am sad. I know I will get over this because nothing has really changed, but I wish I didn't find out. Knowledge is not always power. I think not knowing sometimes is OK. I liked believing that I was a stage IIc. Even though Stage IIc is not good...it was better that stage IIIc. Love you all and send me prayers today. P.S. I felt so sad that I actually let the dog sleep in my bed last night. She made me feel better :)

No comments: