Monday, September 18, 2006

Chemo Treatment #4 is today September 18, 2006.

(Dion's edit) Ok so I thought I could teach her how to blog, since I have been a little busy lately. Bad idea.....I think I'll have to edit this post to make it a little more "cleaner". I'll leave the original version, but don't think I'll have her posting again!

Hi everyone, it's me Val. Dion just taught me how to write on this blog last night. He writes SOOO much better than I, but he has been really busy at work lately so he has not had time to update it as much as he would like. I had Chemo #4 yesterday, I am halfway through. Next time I will get a new drug called Taxol and no more AC (Cytoxan, which should mean no more nausea)...Yeah! I am feeling great this morning...100%.

(I think I could safely delete this whole section, but have been warned not to.....great) Last week I went to see Dr. Watson, he is the one who put in the expanders. He added another 50 cc to my boobs (she did not just say that!)...now I have a total of 250 cc in there. I was so excited to go there and I left a little disappointed. I learned that 50 cc is really not that much. I was hoping to walk out of there at least a B or a C cup (again, can't believe I am reading this), but I still think I am either big A or a little B. For everyone who knows me, I have always had little breasts and now is my chance to have some fun (um, I think the computer is broken dear, no really it is, sorry you won't be able to post anymore). I think I would be happy a small C, but who knows. I'll keep you updated on my mindset (not). A week after I had them filled, I developed a small lump by my breast bone. Of course I freaked out...a little...and saw my oncologist and my surgeon. They assured me it was not a tumor and just irritation from being expanded. I felt better, but I will see Dr. Watson Tuesday to see what's going on. He will most likely say it's irritated and goodbye, but I would rather be careful than ignore it. (update, he did say it was nothing to be concerned with, is likely just fluid and irritation from the expansion. They did an Ultrasound and it looked OK. Dr. Watson will be checking it more closely on Tuesday, September 26).

Anyway, I am having a great day and I have to get the kids off to school and go in to get my Neulasta shot (take a guess at what this ONE shot costs! That is every two weeks, ouch!) Yeah!

Grandma before school today. Grandma is having a bad hair day and she didn't want me to put the picture in the blog...I told her to be quiet, and be happy, because at least she has hair. Then she let me put the picture up.

I think I slept for 24 hours straight. I was feeling pretty sick on Tuesday night, but I just took a Ativan and went to sleep. I slept all day yesterday and last night and today I am tired, but awake.

I talked to Dr. Watson over the phone about the lump and he said that it was not a tumor and likely just irritation (keeping fingers crossed here), I will go and see him next Tuesday for sure.

Made cookies with Auntie Paula while Valerie rests. Paula now knows not to bring over frosting and sugar cookies before bed time. The kids were bouncing off the walls, I guess that's what friends are for. Doing much better on this the third day after chemo.

No comments: