Thursday, October 5, 2006

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Good Morning! Today is Thursday, October 5th, 2006. This Taxol stuff is a "piece of cake" compared to the AC that I had for the first four treatments. I felt 100% on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday...until noon. Around noon yesterday I crashed, I never got sick, but just really tired. I slept from noon on Wednesday to 8:00 AM on Thursday and now I feel fine.

Valerie is very busy this month with many events that support the Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Health Foundation. She was asked by her doctor to be a spokesperson for Breast Cancer Awareness during the month of October, with that comes quite a few engagements that she agreed to participate in:

  • October 2 - First speech to the Soroptimists International of Santa Clarita about the Breast Cancer Journey.
  • October 8 - Bra's for a Cause charity fundraiser.
  • October 9 - Picture for the local newspaper, then lunch with Stephanie and a new friend who is 25 and has breast cancer, 7PM go to a look good and feel good class.
  • October 10 - Speak at Panera restaurant for local Breast Cancer Survivors 9-10:30AM then Girl Scouts in the afternoon.
  • October 12 - Speak to the Board Members of the Henry Mayo Foundation.
  • October 13-15 - I go to Girl Scout camporee with my daughter.
  • October 16 - Chemo Treatment #6.
  • October 18 - Meet the professionals who work at the Sheila R. Veloz Breast Imaging Center and MAYBE be an extra in a commercial for the Imaging Center.
  • October 19 - Salt Creek Wine Tasting/Fundraiser.
  • October 23 - Speaking at the Crawford/Fleming Breast Cancer Awareness Luncheon and Tea at Valencia Country Club.
  • October 25 - Going to Lunch in Downtown LA with my friend Judy.
  • October 30 - Chemo Treatment #7.
  • November 5 - Phantom of the Opera Fashion Show at Sheraton Universal (Valerie has been asked to participate in the fashion show!).

    So, for those of you who want to know how I am doing...I am as busy as I always was. I couldn't do any of this without the support of Dion, my parents, family and friends. Everyone is helping me get through this and I thank you all. VAL (note from Dion, I again want to thank those that have provided meals, taken the kids after school, said words of encouragement and simply been great friends (and wonderful mother-in-laws!), thank you!) .

No comments: