Monday, October 30, 2006

Today is Monday evening at 11:03. I can't sleep again...I think it has something to do with the steroids that I get with chemo. Oh well, it gives me time to write on the blog. Today I had chemo #7. I have one more to go!!!! Then, I did something SOOOO fun. I got to try on expensive beautiful dresses. I am going to be in a fashion show on Sunday at the Universal Sheraton. They have sold over 500 tickets so far. It is going to be a blast. My experience was like the scene in "Pretty Woman" where she had a blast shopping for clothes. My mom and my friend Stephanie went with me and I hope they had fun too. They were really good about saying..."Really Valerie, I think Barbie wore that in some movie" and "that's not my favorite". It was fun and the outfit I ended up with is cranberry red and it is a lace top and skirt set that goes to the floor. It is way too tight, but I found out about spanx's. Once I squeezed my body into that undergarment, you would never know that I had 2 children. The tummy was much smaller. I really like those things.

The kids went away for the weekend with the grandparents. They went to camping at Carpinteria in their RV. The kids went bike riding, swimming, sandcastle building, and campsite trick-or-treating in their costumes. They had a wonderful time. While they were gone, I recovered from the bladder infection, Dion and I saw a movie and ate out a lot. It was quite nice.

The kids are doing great and looking forward to Halloween tomorrow. Our daughter is going to be an Angel and our son is going to be Anakin Skywalker. They carved their pumpkins today and they are soo cute. They are also going to be in a play. I signed them up for a children's theater program that is putting on their favorite play...Peter Pan. Their first rehearsal was last night and they had a BLAST. The play will be on in the middle January. I'll let everyone know when tickets go on sale.

No comments: