Monday, August 14, 2006

Day 4, 5, 6 and 7! Valerie has been doing very well (as is proven by my inability to update this blog on a regular basis, because she is chatting my ear off when I am home and gets annoyed when I work on the computer). Seriously, she has not been as tired, is not sick, and overall is feeling very good. We can only hope that the rest of the treatments will result in only the same or better! Saturday we got to spend some time with her friend and his family, and heard about his trip to Korea. On Sunday we spent the afternoon with family having a swim party and BBQ at Dion's cousins home. Monday Valerie did very well, she helped her friend Kelly sell school spirit gear at our children's school. Right now she is off with her friend Stephanie, who is three weeks ahead of her on the chemo treatment at a support group called Bosom Buddies. She was not sure if she wanted to go yet, but I think it showed to me she has moved far past some of the early struggles of just handling the fact that she had cancer. Now she seems to be moving into the "I have it, now let's talk about it and get through it!". Who knows if this is right or wrong, or too early or the right attitude or the wrong group. I do know that it is Valerie's choice which is right for her, and when she asks for help I'll be there to give it.
Speaking of help, I owe (and our family owes) a big "THANK YOU" and much more for the cards, the gifts, the calls, the visits, the babysitters and the meals! Valerie and I were talking last night and still have moments of disbelief as to the graciousness and kind treatment you have all given over these past few weeks. I am truly grateful for all the Girl Scout, PTA, friends, family, neighbors, co-workers and just good people that stood up and asked how they could help.....I can never repay the feelings and love you gave our family, but I will forever try! Thank you!

No comments: