Sunday, March 18, 2007

I saw two doctors on Friday and this is what they said:

Dr Watson (plastic surgeon)- He said that my breasts have scar tissue around them and so it is making the implant "HARD". The implant is actually soft, but the scar tissue forms around it and makes it seem hard. He gave me two options.

The first was to just take out the old expander and scrape the scar tissue away and then replace the expander with the new silicone implant. The surgery is minor and the recovery period is quick. Then with the new implants I may get scar tissue again or not. No one knows. It is a gamble.

The second option was to take out the expander and the scar tissue muscle and replace the muscle with a muscle from one side of my buttocks. He would then lipo section the other side to make them match one another. This would guarantee that the scar tissue would never come back and I would never have to worry about "hard" breasts again. The downfall is the recovery period is really long and the surgery is 4-6 hours long.

Dr. Watson was pushing the second option pretty hard, but I just don't think I am ready for that now. He said I can always do the first option and then if that does not work, then we can still do the second option. So, I think I am going to try and do the least invasive surgery. I would have enjoyed the lipo suction, but I am hoping that after training for my Avon Walk that I won't need it anymore. Yes I am a big dreamer!!!

The second Doctor appointment was with Dr. Marter (the Gyno). He says that I am doing great. I just have to remember no lifting and no exercise. There goes my idea of beginning training this week for the Avon Walk. He got a good laugh when I asked him if I could go water skiing in two weeks. So, no water skiing, but he said that I could go swimming. I have to take what I can get.

No comments: