Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Speaking at Crawford/Fleming Golf Tournament

I am still doing great!!! I survived camping with 13, 7 year old, girls and 4 adults. It was really fun and rewarding, but also tiring. I haven't been updating the blog because there is not much to talk about. I feel good and I am continuing to live my life as usual.


Giving a speech at the Crawford/Fleming Golf Charity Event

On Monday I gave a speech at a Tea about my experience. It really was horrible...I cried throughout the whole speech. I think it was because my mom, mother-in-law, sister, friends, doctors, and Dion were all there. I was so emotional that I was no inspiration to anyone. How do you talk to a group of people who have helped save your life. I couldn't have gotten through this without knowing everyone of them. I knew most of the people in the room and they had all given me support at some time or another. It was just really hard for me to get through the speech...but it's over...and on Monday night I went to a "Look good and feel better" class put on by the American cancer society. It is basically a make-up/wig/scarf class. You go and get at least $200 worth of free makeup that has been donated by all of the cosmetic companies. You then get a make-up lesson...Like how to draw in eyebrows once you lose them. It was really fun! The lady giving the class asked who wanted to be a model and I raised my hand. So, I was the model for the class. I asked her if I should take off my wig and she said to do whatever I felt comfortable with. So, I took off my wig and went bald. Not more that a minute passed and the rest of the class took off their wigs too. So we were a punch of bald chicks putting on makeup and having a great time!

On Tuesday, I had my chest expanded. I was given the option to put in 50 or 100 cc of saline and I chose to do 50. I chickened out, but next time I am doing 100 because I can not tell the difference and what is the point of driving 2 hours to get expanded and not even know that you did it.

Today, Wednesday, I was treated to lunch in the executive dining room at TCW, in Los Angeles, by my friend Judy. We had a blast!

Tomorrow, Thursday,...Laundry and cleaning the house. My daughter's room is a disaster. I don't know what hit it, but it must have been the dress up fairy.

No comments: